Here are the pictures of the two big hexagons I was talking about yesterday.
Like I said, by the time I had finished these two, I had come to the conclusion that this was going to be a big quilt, so I figured I would need nine big hexagons. At that time, I was already back in Rapid City. I looked for the fabrics needed to continue. Some, I had in my little closet, either because they were left from some other projects or because they had not found their place yet. Others, I purchased them for this specific purpose, always following the vegetable criterion I had set. I kept drawing and cutting little hexagons and triangles, one by one, and hand sewing them.
Here are the rest of the big hexagons with their detail.
To be continued...